The Acts 16:5 Initiative:
- Invites congregations in denominational regions to engage in a deliberate process of transformation.
- Assists denominational regions and congregations in developing a coherent biblically-grounded approach to transformational vitality and missional impact.
- Assists congregations in the design of specific transformational and missional ministries. Rather than offering a set “program,” this initiative supports the design of ministry appropriate to a given situation.
- Enables denominational regional staff the ability to offer direct coaching, leadership development and resourcing of pastors and congregational leaders seeking to move their congregations forward.
- Offers a means of validating congregational change.
- Offers an opportunity to apply the principles of transformation and missional engagement to the life of the denominational region itself.
The Acts 16:5 Initiative is not a simple checklist. Rather, it offers a comprehensive theology of transformational ministry, essential Defining Practices, and a wide variety of potential “next steps.” Since every congregation faces different issues and possibilities, this initiative involves great freedom for each pastor, leader, and team in discerning the next “best” steps.
For more information, visit the Acts 16:5 website